
看似另一國語言
Helen and Al are colleagues. Helen is in her seat.
海倫和艾爾是同事。海倫在座位上。
seat(n.)座位
Helen: Hey, who left this note on my desk?
海倫:嘿,誰把這張紙條留在我的桌上?
leave(v.)遺留note(n.)便條
Al: I think it’s from Jane.
艾爾:我想是珍寫的。
Helen: Well, it’s all Greek to me.
海倫:嗯,這看起來像另一國語言,跟天書一樣啊。
Al: I didn’t know Jane can speak Greek.
艾爾:我不知道珍會說外語。
speak(v.)說語言
Helen: No, I mean I can’t make out what she wrote.
海倫:不是啦,我是說我看不懂她寫了什麼。
make out辨識出write-wrote(v.)寫
Al: Let me take a look.
艾爾:讓我看看。
take a look看看瞧瞧
Helen: See?
海倫:看懂了嗎?
Al: She said she went to see a client. She won’t be back until four.
艾爾:她說她去見了一個客戶。四點前不會回來。
be back回來until直到
Helen: You’re a genius.
海倫:你真是個天才。
genius(n.)天才
Al: Well, my dad is a doctor, so…
艾爾:嗯,我爸爸是醫生,所以……
doctor(n.)醫生