
別想騙我!
Brian was in a pottery workshop. He finally got his finished work.
布萊恩參加了一個陶藝工作坊。他終於拿到完成的作品。
pottery陶藝、workshop工作坊finally(adv.)終於finished work成品
Brian: Do you want to see my pottery work?
布萊恩:你想看我的陶藝作品嗎?
Paul: Sure. Can’t wait.
保羅:當然。等不及了。
Brian: Here! It took me three weeks to make it.
布萊恩:這裡!我花了三個星期才做好的。
take(v.)花時間+一段時間
Paul: Uh…I can’t really make out what this is. Is it a big fish?
保羅:這個嘛……我看不太出來這是什麼,一條大魚?
make out辨識出聲音、形象等等、熱吻
Brian: It’s a whale shark.
布萊恩:這是一條鯨鯊。
Paul: So it’s a whale?
保羅:是鯨魚嗎?
Brian: No, the whale shark is a kind of shark.
布萊恩:不,鯨鯊是一種鯊魚。
kind(n.)種類
Paul: I can only tell it’s a big fish. You did a good job, though! Really!
保羅:我只能看出來這是一條大魚。你做很好!真的!
tell(v.)分辨出、tell the difference分辨出差異though放在句末、不過但是
Brian: Don’t lie to me!
布萊恩:別想騙我!
lie(v.)欺騙
Paul: I’m not. I am saying it from the bottom of my heart.
保羅:我沒有。我真的這樣覺得。
from the bottom of my heart打從心底