
綠色的眼睛
Lucy and Mark are friends. They are having a conversation about their families.
露西和馬克是朋友。他們正在談論他們的家人。
conversation(n.)交談、對話
Lucy: Hey Mark, did you know that I have green eyes just like my mom?
露西:嘿,馬克,你知道我和我媽媽一樣都有綠色的眼睛嗎?
alike(adj.)相似的、相像的
Mark: Really? That’s cool. I didn’t know eye color could run in the family.
馬克:真的嗎?太酷了。我不知道眼睛的顏色會遺傳。
get sth. from sb.從某人身上遺傳某種特質
Lucy: Yeah, it does. My dad has brown eyes, but my mom and I have green eyes.
露西:對,會啊。我爸爸的眼睛是棕色的,但我和我媽媽的眼睛都是綠色的。
Mark: Oh, I see. Does anything else run in your family?
馬克:哦,我明白了。你們家族還有什麼遺傳呢?
Lucy: Well, my grandpa and my dad both have a talent for music. I guess that’s why I have a good singing voice.
露西:嗯,我爺爺和我爸爸都有音樂天賦。我想這就是為什麼我有一副好歌喉的原因。
talent(n.)天賦music(n.)音樂voice(n.)說話聲、嗓音
Mark: That’s awesome! You both have music in your genes.
馬克:太棒了!你們都有音樂的基因。
awesome(adj.)棒的、令人驚嘆的gene(n.)基因jean(n.)牛仔褲
Lucy: Yeah, it’s pretty neat. What about you? Is there anything that runs in your family?
露西:是啊,很厲害吧。那你呢?你的家族有什麼遺傳嗎?
pretty neat相當好、相當妙、很不錯
Mark: My mom, grandma, and I all love to cook.
馬克:我媽媽、我奶奶和我都喜歡烹飪。
cook(v.)做飯、烹飪(n.)廚師
Lucy: That’s really cool! It’s interesting how interests can run in families.
露西:太酷了!興趣也會遺傳,真是有趣。
interest(n.)興趣interesting(adj.)有趣的、令人感到有趣的
Mark: Yes, I’m glad that it does.
馬克:是啊,我很高興它是。
glad(adj.)高興的、愉快的、樂意的