
淋成落湯雞
It’s raining outside. Richard just stormed into the office.
外面正在下雨。理查用衝得跑進辦公室裡。
rain(v.)下雨storm into衝進來、storm out衝出去
Richard: Oh my god!
理查:我的老天!
oh my god=oh my我的老天
Riley: What happened?
萊利:怎麼回事?
what happened?發生什麼事
Richard: I’m soaked to the skin.
理查:我徹底淋成落湯雞。
soak(v.)浸泡、skin(n.)皮膚、be soaked to the skin全身濕透
Riley: Yeah, I can see that.
萊利:我看得出來。
Richard: I forgot to bring my umbrella.
理查:我還忘記帶雨傘。
forget to RV忘記做某事umbrella(n.)雨傘
Riley: Well, it never rains but it pours.
萊利:「不雨則已,一雨傾盆」,真是禍不單行啊。
Richard: Well-said!
理查:說得好。
well-said說得好
Riley: Do you need anything?
萊利:你需要些什麼嗎?
Richard: Could you please make me some hot tea? I need to change my clothes first.
理查:你可以幫我弄杯熱茶嗎?我要先換衣服。
could、can的過去式、較有禮貌、委婉make tea泡茶change clothes換衣服、change(v.)更換、改變
Riley: Sure, right away.
萊利:當然,馬上好。
right away馬上