
管控開銷好存錢
Tim and Erica are siblings. Tim is tracking his spending.
提姆和艾瑞卡是兄妹。提姆正在記帳。
track one’s spending記帳
Tim: I’m breaking the bank again.
提姆:我又要沒錢了。
break the bank花太多錢
Erica: Really? I thought your salary was quite high.
艾瑞卡:真的嗎?我以為你的薪水蠻高的。
Tim: My monthly salary is less than NT$40,000. It’s hard for me to build up any savings.
提姆:我的薪水一個月不到四萬。對我來說很難存錢。
monthly(adj.)每月的build up sth.增強、增多某物build up sb.讚揚、吹捧某人savings account儲蓄帳戶
Erica: I heard that 68% of employees don’t get the average earnings.
艾瑞卡:我聽說百分之68的員工領不到平均薪資。
employee(n.)員工、受僱者employer(n.)雇主average(adj.)平均的earning(n.)薪水、工資
Tim: What is the average salary?
提姆:平均薪資是多少呢?
Erica: The average annual salary is about NT$670,000.
艾瑞卡:平均年薪大約是67萬。
annual(adj.)一年的、每年的an annual event年度大事
Tim: Oh, I’m one of them.
提姆:噢,我是其中之一。
Erica: Besides, the gap between people who get high salaries and those who receive low salaries is getting wider.
艾瑞卡:除此之外,高薪者和低薪者之間的差距也越來越大。
gap(n.)差距、間隔、空檔generation gap代溝gap year空檔年receive(v.)得到、收到
Tim: I hope my boss gives me a raise.
提姆:希望我老闆幫我加薪。
give sb. a raise幫某人加薪
Erica: Maybe you have to learn how to control your spending first.
艾瑞卡:或許你必須先學學怎麼控制開銷。
control(v.)控制