
會有風雨嗎?
Jimmy and Karin are friends. They are having a conversation.
吉米和凱琳是朋友,他們正在聊天。
Karin: Hi Jimmy! Did you hear about the typhoon in the South China Sea?
凱琳:嗨,吉米!你有聽說南海有颱風嗎?
south(n.)南方/east(n.)東方/west(n.)西方/north(n.)北方
Jimmy: Yeah, I read it might hit Guangdong around the 14th. So Taiwan probably won’t get a direct hit.
吉米:有啊,我看到新聞說它可能在14號左右登陸廣東。所以台灣應該不會被直接影響。
probably(adv.)可能、大概get a direct hit被直接襲擊
Karin: That’s good to know. But the news said we could still get heavy rain from the outer bands.
凱琳:聽到這樣真放心。不過新聞說我們還是可能會受到外圍環流的影響,下大雨。
heavy rain大雨、豪雨band(n.)帶狀區域、環形結構
Jimmy: Exactly. Between the 12th and 14th, the weather might be really unstable.
吉米:沒錯。12到14號之間,天氣可能會很不穩定。
unstable(adj.)不穩定(固)的stable(adj.)穩定的、牢固的
Karin: I hope it doesn’t spoil the weekend. I was planning to visit Hualien.
凱琳:希望不會破壞我的週末計畫。我原本要去花蓮玩。
spoil(v.)搞砸、破壞、(使)變質
Jimmy: You might want to check the weather again before you go. They said rain chances will increase in the east and south.
吉米:出發前你可能要再查一次天氣。他們說東部和南部的降雨機率會提高。
rain chances降雨機率increase(v.)增加decrease(v.)降低、減少
Karin: And this heat is no joke! Yesterday it was nearly 38 degrees.
凱琳:最近熱得誇張!昨天快38度了。
be no joke不是開玩笑的事、不是輕而易舉的事nearly(adv.)幾乎、差不多nearly the same幾乎一樣
Jimmy: I know! It feels like summer is getting hotter every year.
吉米:我知道啊!每年夏天好像都越來越熱。
Karin: Let’s stay safe.
凱琳:要保重喔。
Take good care of yourself!要保重喔!
Jimmy: Definitely. And don’t forget sunscreen!
吉米:一定會的。別忘了擦防曬!
sunscreen(n.)防曬乳apply/put on sunscreen塗抹防曬乳sunscreen lotion/spray 防曬乳液/噴霧