
梅雨季到了?
Ryan and Helen are roommates. They are chatting.
萊恩和海倫是室友。他們在聊天。
Ryan: Did you hear that? The rain!
萊恩:你聽到了嗎?下雨了!
hear(v.)聽到
Helen: Oh! We’ve been waiting for it for too long.
海倫:哦!我們已經等這場雨好久了。
have been Ving現在完成進行wait for等待
Ryan: Is it the plum rain? Is the plum rain season coming up? It’s about time.
萊恩:是梅雨嗎?梅雨季節來了嗎?也該是時候了吧。
come up來到be about time也是時候了
Helen: Let me check the weather forecast.
海倫:讓我查一下天氣預報。
weather forecast氣象預報
Ryan: We need rain to stop the drought. Otherwise, we won’t have water to use in the coming months.
萊恩:我們需要雨水來停止旱災。要不然未來幾個月我們無水可用。
stop(v.)阻止、停止drought(n.)乾旱otherwise否則
Helen: The forecast said this is not the plum rain. There’s just a cold front passing by.
海倫:預報說這不是梅雨,只是一道經過台灣的冷鋒。
cold front冷鋒pass by經過
Ryan: When will the plum rain season start then?
萊恩:那麼什麼時候才是梅雨季啊?
start(v.)開始
Helen: Next week. I hope this rain will last long enough.
海倫:下週,但我希望這場雨能下得夠久。
last(v.)持續
Ryan: That’s right. We need all the rain we can get.
萊恩:對啊。所有的降水都對我們有幫助。
need(v.)需要
Helen: I really can’t imagine life without any water.
海倫:我真的無法想像沒有水的生活。
imagine(v.)想像without(prep.)沒有