
宿舍廚房的對話
Jack walks into the kitchen of his apartment. His roommate, Elena, is washing some vegetables.
傑克走進他公寓的廚房。他的室友埃琳娜正在洗菜。
Jack: Hey Elena! Are you making salad for dinner?
傑克:嘿埃琳娜!你在做晚餐要吃的沙拉嗎?
salad dressing沙拉醬
Elena: Yeah. I’m trying to eat healthy foods this week. Do you want some?
埃琳娜:對啊,我這禮拜試著吃得健康一點。你要來一點嗎?
healthy(adj.)健康的stay healthy維持健康healthy diet健康的飲食
Jack: No thanks, I already ate a sandwich. By the way, is the fridge working?
傑克:不用了謝謝,我剛剛吃過三明治了。對了,冰箱現在運作正常嗎?
by the way對了、順帶一提
Elena: I think so. Why? Is there a problem?
埃琳娜:應該吧。怎麼了?有問題嗎?
problem(n.)問題solve a problem解決問題/face a problem面對問題have a problem V-ing做~遇到問題
Jack: My milk is a bit warm. Maybe we should tell the landlord.
傑克:我的牛奶有點溫溫的。也許我們應該跟房東說一下。
landlord(n.)房東renter(n.)租客rent(n.)租金
Elena: Good idea. I can text him later. Oh, are you going to the gym tonight?
埃琳娜:好主意,我等一下傳簡訊給他。喔對了,你今晚要去健身房嗎?
text(v.)傳訊息=send messagesgym(n.)健身房work out at the gym去健身房運動treadmill(n.)跑步機/rowing machine划船機
Jack: Not tonight. I’m really tired from work. I just want to watch Netflix.
傑克:今晚不去。工作累死我了,我只想看Netflix。
be tired from因~而感到疲累be tired of…厭倦~
Elena: Same here. Let’s find a good movie to watch together then!
埃琳娜:我也是。那待會我們一起找部好電影來看吧!
Jack: Great. I have some popcorn in my cupboard. I can bring it.
傑克:太棒了。我櫥櫃裡有一些爆米花,我可以拿過來。
cupboard(n.)櫥櫃、壁櫥take sth. out of the cupboard從櫥櫃拿出~
Elena: Perfect! I’ll finish my salad and meet you in the living room.
埃琳娜:完美!我吃完沙拉後就在客廳跟你碰面。