
波士頓大雪
It is a very snowy day in Boston, and the buses are not running. Anna asks a stranger for help to find the subway station.
這是一個大雪紛飛的波士頓,巴士沒有營運。安娜向一位陌生人詢問地鐵站怎麼走。
snowy(adj.)下雪的、被雪覆蓋的snow heavily下大雪run(v.)經營、營運ask sb. for help尋求某人協助subway(n.)地鐵=metro/undergroundstation(n.)車站
Anna: Excuse me. Is the bus coming?
安娜:不好意思,巴士會來嗎?
Stranger: No, sorry. Look at the snow. The buses are not running today.
陌生人:不會,抱歉。你看這麼大的雪,今天巴士沒有營運。
Anna: Oh no! I need to go downtown.
安娜:喔不!我需要去市中心。
downtown(adv.)市中心
Stranger: You can take the subway. The station is over there.
陌生人:你可以搭地鐵。車站就在那邊。
over there在那邊
Anna: Is the subway open in the snow?
安娜:下雪的時候地鐵有開嗎?
Stranger: Yes. The subway is underground, so it is fine.
陌生人:有的。地鐵在地下,所以沒問題。
underground(adv.)地下
Anna: How do I get there?
安娜:我要怎麼去那裡?
Stranger: Go straight and turn left at the supermarket. It is a five-minute walk.
陌生人:直走,在超市左轉。走路五分鐘就到了。
go straight直走left(adj.)左邊的
Anna: Thank you so much!
安娜:非常謝謝你!
Stranger: You’re welcome. Stay warm!
陌生人:不客氣。注意保暖!
stay+adj.保持~