
旅行插曲
Brian arrives at the airport. He walks up to the immigration desk and hands over his passport. The officer looks closely at the photo.
布萊恩抵達機場,走到入境櫃台,把護照遞給移民官,移民官仔細看著照片。
arrive at+小地方/in+大地方:抵達某地immigration(n.)入境、移民局hand over交出、遞交look at sth.看著某物(刻意去看)closely(adv.)仔細地
Officer: Wait… is this really you?
移民官:等等⋯⋯這真的是你嗎?
Brian: Yeah, that’s me. I didn’t have glasses back then.
布萊恩:對,是我。那時候我還沒戴眼鏡。
back then那時候、當時
Officer: You look quite different now.
移民官:你現在看起來真不一樣。
different(adj.)不同的be different from跟~不一樣
Brian: I know. I changed my hairstyle too.
布萊恩:我知道,我也換了髮型。
get your hairstyle done做造型
Officer: Do you have any other photo ID with you?
移民官:你有帶其他有照片的證件嗎?
any other…其他任何的~(+可數單數/複數名詞)
Brian: Yes, I have my student ID. One second.
布萊恩:有,我有學生證。等我一下。
one second馬上
Officer: Thanks. Let me take a look.
移民官:謝謝,讓我看一下。
take a look看一看、檢查
Brian: Here it is.
布萊恩:給你。
Officer: Alright, that matches. You’re good to go.
移民官:好,對得上。你可以通關了。
match(v.)吻合、符合
Brian: Thanks! I’ll update the photo soon.
布萊恩:謝謝!我會儘快更新照片。
update(v.)更新update sb.通知某人最新情況
Officer: Not a problem. Have a great trip.
移民官:沒問題。祝你旅途愉快。