
義大利麵與蒸蛋
Ryan and Kathy are classmates. They are chatting while walking to the cafeteria.
萊恩和凱西是同學。他們正在邊聊天邊走向學生食堂。
cafeteria(n.)自助餐廳
Ryan: It’s time for lunch! What are we eating today?
萊恩:午餐時間到了!我們今天吃什麼?
Kathy: It’s spaghetti.
凱西:義大利麵。
spaghetti(n.)義大利細麵pasta(n.)義大利麵
Ryan: Oh, no. Spaghetti is everyone’s favorite.
萊恩:噢,不。義大利麵是大家的最愛。
Kathy: Yes. We have to hurry, or there will be nothing left.
凱西:對啊。我們要快一點,不然會什麼都不剩。
hurry(v.)加快、趕快
Ryan: Besides spaghetti, steamed eggs seem to be popular with our classmates, too. I didn’t get to eat enough last time.
萊恩:除了義大利麵以外,蒸蛋似乎也很受同學歡迎。我上次沒有吃夠。
besides(prep.)除了~以外還有steam(v.)蒸食物popular(adj.)受歡迎的; be popular with sb.受到某人的歡迎get to VR有機會做某事enough(adv.)足夠地
Kathy: That’s true. I’m looking forward to Wednesdays. That’s when they serve us milk or pudding.
凱西:沒錯。我很期待禮拜三。那天他們會提供牛奶或布丁。
look forward to sth.期盼、盼望某事serve(v.)提供
Ryan: I don’t like Thursdays because we have to eat sweet soup.
萊恩:我不喜歡禮拜四,因為要喝甜湯。
sweet(adj.)甜的
Kathy: Don’t you think school lunch is delicious?
凱西:你不覺得學校午餐很好吃嗎?
Ryan: It is. Except for the soup on Thursdays.
萊恩:好吃。除了每個禮拜四的湯之外。
except(prep.)除了~之外
Kathy: Hey, look! Jack is going to have a second helping. We should hurry.
凱西:嘿,你看!傑克要去盛第二份了。我們要快一點。
helping(n.)一份食物