
經前不悅症
Emma is acting weird. Her boyfriend, Rick, is trying to figure out why.
艾瑪的最近行為舉止很奇怪。她的男朋友瑞克想要找出原因。
act weird舉止奇怪、act(v.)表現、演戲figure out why搞清楚為什麼
Rick: Emma! Are you feeling okay?
瑞克:艾瑪!你還好嗎?
Emma: Thanks for asking. I’ve just been really down recently.
艾瑪:謝謝你。我最近心情很沮喪。
Thanks for N.Ving謝謝…have been down最近情緒低落=upsetrecently最近
Rick: I hope you don’t mind me asking, but is it that time of the month again?
瑞克:如果你不介意我問你的話,又到了每月的那個時候嗎?
mind(v.)介意
Emma: No, I think it’s down to PMDD, which can cause many emotional symptoms before women’s period.
艾瑪:不,我覺得應該是經前不悅症的關係,會在經期之前造成情緒上的不適。
be down to歸因於PMDD經前不悅症、主要會有睡眠障礙、注意力不集中、易怒或沮喪cause(v.)造成emotional(adj.)情緒的、emotion(n.)symptom症狀period(n.)一段期間、生理期、have period pain生理痛
Rick: Is that the reason why you’ve been down?
瑞克:就是你心情不好的原因嗎?
reason(n.)理由
Emma: Yes, I get anxious and angry easily.
艾瑪:對啊,我會很容易焦慮和生氣。
anxious(adj.)焦慮的easily(adv.)容易地
Rick: Can I do something to make you feel better?
瑞克:我可以怎麼做讓你覺得好受些呢?
Emma: No, I’ll just try to get enough sleep and exercise to blow off steam.
艾瑪:不了,我只需要睡飽一點還有運動來釋放壓力就行了。
exercise(v.)運動blow off steam釋放壓力
Rick: Well, just let me know if you need anything.
瑞克:好吧,如果需要幫忙再跟我說。
Emma: Thank you for being so sweet.
艾瑪:謝謝你這麼貼心。