
巧克力和鮮花
Wesley and Zoe are colleagues. There’s a box of chocolate and some flowers on Zoe’s desk.
衛斯理和柔伊是同事。柔伊的桌子上有一盒巧克力和鮮花。
flower(n.)花卉、a bouquet of flowers一束花
Wesley: Wow, so romantic!
衛斯理:哇,好浪漫!
romantic(adj.)浪漫的
Zoe: This is from my boyfriend. I told him not to make a fuss.
柔伊:這是我男朋友送的。我明明告訴他不要弄大場面。
make a fuss大驚小怪
Wesley: Very nice, but why today?
衛斯理:還是很棒,但為什麼是今天?
Zoe: What do you mean? It’s Valentine’s Day.
柔伊:什麼意思?今天是情人節啊。
Wesley: No, it’s not. It was last month.
衛斯理:不是。是上個月。
Zoe: Let me check the calendar. Oh…
柔伊:讓我看看日曆。噢…
calendar(n.)月曆、日曆本、重大事記本
Wesley: So, both of you got the wrong date. Wow!
衛斯理:所以,你們兩個都弄錯了日期。哇!
wrong(adj.)錯誤的
Zoe: Hey, don’t make fun of me.
柔伊:嘿,別取笑我。
make fun of sb.=laugh at sb.嘲笑、取笑
Wesley: I just can’t believe you guys didn’t notice.
衛斯理:我簡直不敢相信你們兩個都沒有注意到。
notice(v.)注意
Zoe: Knock it off!
柔伊:夠了!
knock it off=cut it out停止、鬧夠了