
大人的生活更好嗎?
Harry and Rebecca are colleagues. They’ve started working already.
哈利和蕾貝卡是同事。他們已經開工了。
Harry: How was your New Year holiday?
哈利:新年假期過得怎麼樣?
Rebecca: It was good. I spent a lot of time with my niece.
蕾貝卡:不錯。我都在陪侄女玩。
spend time with sb.陪伴
Harry: How was she doing?
哈利:她還好嗎?
Rebecca: She complained a lot. She didn’t want to go to the learning center.
蕾貝卡:她一直抱怨。她就是不想去安親班。
complain(v.)抱怨learning center安親班
Harry: Haha, kids. Wait until she has to work and pay all the bills.
哈利:哈哈,小朋友真可愛。等到她必須工作然後被帳單追著跑吧。
Rebecca: She actually got jealous of adults. She thought that the life of adults is easier. We can just sit back and not study.
蕾貝卡:她其實很嫉妒大人。她覺得大人的生活更簡單。我們可以就坐下來放鬆然後不用念書。
get jealous of sb.嫉妒某人
Harry: She should tag along with her parents to work. She would miss the learning center right away.
哈利:她應該跟父母一起去上班。她會馬上想念安親班的。
tag along跟著miss(v.)想念
Rebecca: Yes! That’s what I suggested. I told her that it’s not always better to be an adult.
蕾貝卡:對!我也是這樣建議。我告訴她當大人並不總是過得更好。
suggest(v.)建議、suggest sb. (should) do sth.
Harry: I think being an adult has its perks, but I do miss the time of being a child.
哈利:變成大人是有好處,但我確實很懷念小時候的時光。
perk(n.)優點=advantage
Rebecca: You can say that again. Simpler times.
蕾貝卡:沒錯,那時候生活更簡單呢。
simple(adj.)簡單的