
九個月調漲兩次
Keith and Sarah are friends. They are chatting.
基斯和莎拉是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Keith: Sarah, have you tried this salty congee before?
基斯:莎拉,你之前有吃過這間鹹粥嗎?
salty(adj.)鹹的
Sarah: No. But I know it’s very popular. Many visitors line up for it.
莎拉:沒有。但我知道它很受歡迎。很多遊客排隊光顧。
popular(adj.)受歡迎的be popular with or among~受~歡迎line up排隊
Keith: Did you know that they raised the prices twice within nine months from NT$200 to NT$260 for a bowl of congee?
基斯:你知道他們在九個月內調漲了兩次,一碗鹹粥從200元漲到260元嗎?
raise(v.)提高、增加twice(= two times)(adv.)兩次within(prep.)在~之內
Sarah: Wow. The dish must be hearty.
莎拉:哇。用料肯定很豐富囉?
hearty(adj.)食物大量的、豐盛的
Keith: I searched the internet for the reviews and some photos. Some customers say the portion size of a bowl of congee is enough for two people, and there is a lot of fish in the congee.
基斯:我在網路上搜尋了評論和一些照片。有些顧客說一碗粥的份量足夠兩個人吃,而且粥裡有很多魚肉。
review(n.)評論customer(n.)顧客portion(n.)食物的一份fish(n.)魚、魚肉
Sarah: I think some people will argue that it’s still too expensive and refuse to buy it.
莎拉:我想有些人還是會抗議太貴並且拒買。
argue(v.)爭論refuse(v.)拒絕、回絕
Keith: The owner said the costs are getting higher, and they won’t cut corners. That’s the reason why they raised the prices.
基斯:老闆說成本越來越高了,但他們不會偷工減料。那就是為什麼他們調漲價格的原因。
owner(n.)擁有者cost(n.)(v.)成本、花費cut corners偷工減料
Sarah: Well, running a restaurant is hard.
莎拉:嗯,經營一家餐廳不容易啊。
run(v.)經營、管理
Keith: Yep. But I believe there are people who are still willing to buy it.
基斯:是啊。但我相信還是有人願意買單。
be willing to do sth.樂意做某事
Sarah: Maybe we can try it someday.
莎拉:或許我們有天也可以去吃吃看。