
意外的起薪
Anna and Derek are friends. They are chatting about job hunting.
安娜和德瑞克是朋友。他們正在討論求職。
job hunting=求職
Derek: How was your interview last week?
德瑞克:你上週的面試怎麼樣?
interview(n.)面試
Anna: It went well. But I was a bit surprised by the starting salary.
安娜:進行得蠻順利的。但起薪讓我有些意外。
surprise(v.)驚訝starting salary=起薪
Derek: Is it too low?
德瑞克:很低嗎?
low(adj.)低的
Anna: It’s lower than I expected. They offered me NT$35,000 per month.
安娜:比我期待的要低。他們提供的待遇是月薪三萬五。
形容詞+er than=比較級expect(v.)預期offer(v.)提供
Derek: Considering that you have an MBA degree, I think it’s a bit lower than average.
德瑞克:考量到你的商管碩士學位,我覺得這比平均水準還要低了點。
consider(v.)考量degree(n.)學位average(n.)平均
Anna: That’s what I was thinking.
安娜:我當時也是這麼想。
Derek: What position did you apply for?
德瑞克:你應徵了什麼職位?
position(n.)位置;職位apply(v.)申請
Anna: Marketing specialist.
安娜:行銷專員。
marketing(n.)行銷special(adj.)特別的;specialist(n.)專家;專員
Derek: Well, I heard that the starting salary for such positions is low in general.
德瑞克:嗯,我聽說過這種職位的薪水起薪普遍較低。
in general=一般來說
Anna: That’s why I can’t decide whether I should accept the offer or not.
安娜:這就是我無法決定是否該接受這工作的原因。
decide(v.)作出決定whether~(or not)=是否accept(v.)接受
Derek: Did you go online to ask about the pay range of that position?
德瑞克:你上網問過這個職位的薪資範圍了嗎?
pay range=薪資範疇
Anna: I did. Many said I should keep looking for better opportunities.
安娜:我問了。很多人說我該繼續尋找更好的機會。
keep+Ving=繼續做某事better=good比較級opportunity(n.)機會