
向身邊的女性說聲感謝
Sandra and Leo are friends. They are chatting.
珊卓和里奧是朋友。他們正在聊天。
chat(v.)聊天
Sandra: Hi Leo, did you know tomorrow is International Women’s Day?
珊卓:嗨里奧,你知道明天是國際婦女節嗎?
tomorrow(n.)明天(adv.)在明天the day after tomorrow後天
Leo: Oh, really? What’s that about?
里奧:喔,真的嗎?那是什麼?
about(prep.)關於
Sandra: It’s a special day for celebrating and saying thank you to women.
珊卓:這是一個慶祝和向女性表達謝意的特別日子。
special(adj.)特別的、特殊的celebrate(v.)慶祝,celebration(n.)慶祝
Leo: That sounds nice. How do people celebrate it?
里奧:聽起來很棒耶。人們會怎麼慶祝?
sound(v.)聽起來sound+adj.=聽起來…sound like+n.=聽起來像…
Sandra: Well, some give flowers or small presents to the women around them. Others have parties or just say thank you.
珊卓:嗯,有些人會送花或小禮物給身邊的女性。還有些人會舉辦派對,或者只是說聲謝謝。
present(n.)禮物
Leo: Cool! I should get something for my mom and sister.
里奧:酷!我應該給我媽媽和妹妹買點東西。
get sth. for sb.給某人買某物
Sandra: That’s a good idea! Even a small gift can make them happy. Let’s all make women feel really special tomorrow!
珊卓:那是個好主意!即使是小禮物也能讓她們開心。明天讓我們一起讓女性感受到這個特別的日子!
even(adv.) 甚至、連、即使gift(n.)禮物make sb.+adj.=讓某人…feel(v.)感覺
Leo: Sure, Sandra. Happy Women’s Day in advance!
里奧:當然,珊卓。提前祝你婦女節快樂!
in advance事先、預先
Sandra: Thank you! You’re so sweet!
珊卓:謝謝!你真貼心!
sweet(adj.)貼心的、甜的