
與007的堅持
Lizzie is reading a book on the couch. Mark is talking to her.
莉琪正在沙發上看書。馬可正在跟她說話。
couch=sofa沙發
Mark: Well, well, well. Look who’s reading!
馬克:哇,看看是誰在看書啊!
Lizzie: Come on, I do read. And this book is about Queen Elizabeth. Show some respect.
莉琪:拜託,我是會看書的人好嗎,而且這本在講英國女王,放尊重。
show some respect放尊重
Mark: I didn’t know you were a fan of the royal family.
馬克:我都不知道你迷英國皇室。
royal family皇室、royal visit皇室出訪、royal(n.)皇室成員
Lizzie: It was her Corgis that caught my eye at first, but then I found this book. It’s quite interesting.
莉琪:一開始是注意到柯基犬啦,然後就看到這本書。還蠻有趣的。
Corgi柯基犬catch one′s eye吸引目光at first起先
Mark: Who’s the author?
馬克:作者是誰?
author(n.)作者(書或是文章)、writer(n.)寫手、作家
Lizzie: It’s written by the former assistant to the Queen, Angela Kelly. She shares lots of trivia about the Queen in the book. Do you remember her performance with James Bond at the Olympics?
莉琪:是女王前任助理安琪拉‧凱利寫的。她在書中分享很多女王的奇聞軼事,你還記得奧運上那個女王的表演嗎?
be written by被誰寫former前任的assistant助理trivia(n., pl.)奇聞軼事performance表演James Bond詹姆士龐德007特務
Mark: Of course. That was so cool.
馬克:當然,那超酷的。
Lizzie: It only took her five minutes to say “yes” when she was asked to participate, and she insisted on saying some lines to Mr. Bond.
莉琪:女王被問了之後只考慮了五分鐘就答應了,而且她還堅持一定要跟龐德特務說上幾句台詞。
was asked to被問及participate=take part in參加insist on堅持line(n.)台詞
Mark: She definitely improved her image as the Queen.
馬克:她真的有讓自己的女王風範與時俱進。
definitely=surely一定improve(v.)改善image圖片、形象
Lizzie: I just love this royal family a little bit more with every page I read.
莉琪:我想我越讀就越愛這個皇室家庭多了一點點。