
不是天生
In a world filled with fast news, social media posts, and strong opinions, it is easy to accept information without question.
在這個充斥著快訊、社群媒體貼文與強烈觀點的世界裡,人們很容易不加思索便接受資訊。
be filled with充滿、充斥without question毫無疑問、未經質疑
Some people assume that independent thinking is something you are either born with or without.
有些人以為獨立思考是與生俱來的天賦,有的人有、有的人沒有。
assume(v.)認為、假定、假設either...or...不是~就是
However, research and real-life experience suggest otherwise.
然而,研究與實際經驗卻顯示事實並非如此。
real-life experience親身經驗=practical experienceotherwise(adv.)別樣地;以另外的方式、全然不是那樣的;根本不是那回事的
Independent thinking is not a talent reserved for a few — it is a skill that can be developed through practice and awareness.
獨立思考不是少數人的天賦——而是可透過練習與覺察培養的能力。
reserve(v.)把…專門留給;把…留作;保留awareness(n.)意識、覺察
One of the key steps in developing this skill is learning to pause before reacting.
培養這項能力的關鍵步驟之一是學會在反應之前先停頓一下。
pause(v.)停頓、暫停instead of~而不是
Instead of immediately agreeing with what you read or hear, ask simple questions such as “Who benefits from this information?” or “What evidence supports this claim?”
不要馬上認同所讀或所聽到的內容,可以提出簡單的問題,例如「這則資訊對誰有利?」或「有什麼證據支持這個說法?」
agree with同意、認同benefit from… 因⋯⋯受益、獲得好處evidence(n.)證據
This habit helps you separate facts from opinions.
這個習慣有助於分辨事實與意見。
separate…from… 區分⋯⋯與⋯⋯
Over time, your thinking becomes clearer and more balanced, even when facing complex issues.
隨著時間推移,即使面對複雜議題,你的思考也會變得更加清晰、更加周全。
balanced(adj.)平衡的、均衡的balanced diet均衡的飲食
Independent thinking does not mean rejecting all advice or trusting only yourself.
獨立思考並不代表拒絕所有建議,或只相信自己。
reject(v.)拒絕接受;不相信
Instead, it means being able to evaluate different viewpoints and make your own informed decisions.
相反地,它代表能夠評估不同觀點,並做出明智的決定。
evaluate(v.)評估=assessviewpoint(n.)觀點=point of viewinformed(adj.)有根據的、了解情況的
In daily life, this skill helps you avoid misinformation, make better choices, and feel more confident in your judgments.
在日常生活中,這項能力能幫助你避開錯誤資訊、做出更好的選擇,並對自己的判斷更有信心。
misinformation(n.)錯誤資訊、假資訊
Like any skill, it improves the more you practice it.
就像任何技能一樣,越是多加練習,能力就越能得到提升。
Many online platforms are designed to capture users’ attention and often trigger emotional reactions.
許多線上平台旨在吸引用戶的注意力,並經常引發情緒反應。
capture(v.)吸引=attracttrigger(v.)引發、觸發trigger an allergic reaction引發過敏反應
Because of this environment, awareness becomes especially important in daily information consumption.
正因如此,在攝取日常資訊的過程中,保持覺察顯得尤為重要。
consumption(n.)攝取
Without awareness, people may accept misinformation too quickly or without careful thinking.
若缺乏覺察,人們可能會太快接受錯誤資訊,或在未經深思熟慮的情況下輕信。
Therefore, it is important to evaluate sources carefully and separate facts from opinions before forming conclusions.
因此,在得出結論之前,務必仔細評估資訊來源,並區分事實與意見。
conclusion(n.)結論