
社交秘訣公開
Manny and Mindy are colleagues. They are having dinner.
曼尼與敏蒂是同事,他們正在吃晚餐。
colleague(n.)同事
Mindy: It’s difficult for me to impress others in social settings.
敏蒂:在社交場合要令人印象深刻對我來說好難哦!
Manny: People will remember us better when they enjoy conversation with us. So we should try to talk in a confident tone of voice and body language.
曼尼:當人們享受與我們對話時,他們就會更記得我們。因此,妳應該試著以自信的語調及身體語言去說話。
when(conj.)當enjoy(v.)感到快樂confident(adj.)自信的、有信心的tone(n.)語氣、腔調voice(n.)聲音language(n.)語言
Mindy: Relax and be confident. I see!
敏蒂:放鬆並有自信;我瞭解了!
relax(v.)放鬆see(v.)知道、明白
Manny: Also, what you wear defines who you are. It will not only attract people’s attention, but help you or others bring up a conversation.
曼尼:另外,妳的穿著定義妳這個人。它不僅能吸引人們的注意,也能幫助妳或他人開啟對話。
also(adv.)另外、而且what(pron.)…的define(v.)定義attract(v.)吸引attention(n.)注意bring sth. up開始談論、提出(話題)
Mindy: But under one condition: conform to the dress code. Right?
敏蒂:但在一個條件下:符合衣著規範,對嗎?
condition(n.)條件conform(v.)遵從dress code衣著規範、穿著要求
Manny: You got it! It is also important that people like to be remembered. Make sure you remember their names, interests and specializations.
曼尼:答對了!人們喜歡自己被記住,這也很重要。確保妳記得他們的名字、興趣與專業。
get(v.)懂、理解make sure確保interest(n.)興趣specialization(n.)專業領域
Mindy: That way we can find reasons to keep in touch with them.
敏蒂:那樣我們可以找到與他們保持聯絡的理由。
reason(n.)原因、理由keep in touch保持聯絡
Manny: Exactly! One last thing, you can send out a thank-you-letter so that you’ll be remembered more easily.
曼尼:沒錯!最後一件事,妳可以寄出一張感謝函,那妳就會更容易被記得。
exactly(adv.)精確地send sth. out發出、寄出easily(adv.)輕易地、容易地
Mindy: That’s brilliant! To thank you, the dinner is on me!
敏蒂:那真聰明!為了感謝你,晚餐我請客!
brilliant(adj.)聰穎的thank(v.)感謝、謝謝