
七萬多公斤被退回
Kevin and Anna are friends. They are having a conversation.
凱文和安娜是朋友。他們正在對話。
Kevin: Anna, did you hear the news? They found pesticide in imported durians!
凱文:安娜,你有聽到新聞嗎?進口榴槤被驗出農藥耶!
Anna: Yes, I saw it. Over seventy thousand kilos were rejected.
安娜:有啊,我有看到。超過七萬公斤被退回。
be V-p.p.被動語態
Kevin: I feel sad. I love durians. The smell, the taste… so special!
凱文:我覺得好難過。我超愛榴槤。那味道、那口感…真的很特別!
sense of smell嗅覺
Anna: Special? Kevin, it smells like old socks! How can you eat that?
安娜:特別?凱文,那聞起來像臭襪子耶!你怎麼吃得下去?
Kevin: Come on! It’s sweet and creamy. It’s called the “king of fruits.”
凱文:拜託!榴槤是香甜又濃郁的水果,它可是「水果之王」!
creamy(adj.)滑順的、濃厚的rich(adj.)味道濃郁的=thick
Anna: Well, I prefer oranges. At least they don’t make the whole bus smell bad.
安娜:嗯,我還是喜歡橘子。至少不會害整台公車都臭掉。
prefer(v.)更喜歡、偏好prefer A to B比起B較喜歡Aat least至少
Kevin: But oranges were in the news too. Some had too much pesticide.
凱文:不過橘子也上新聞啦。有些農藥超標。
Anna: Really? Oh no… maybe I should just eat bananas. Safe and simple!
安娜:真的嗎?天啊…那我還是吃香蕉好了。安全又單純!
simple(adj.)單純的
Kevin: Haha! Okay, you eat your bananas. I’ll still dream of my durians.
凱文:哈哈!好啦,你吃你的香蕉。我還是會夢到我的榴槤。
dream of夢想、嚮往dream about sb./sth.夢到某人/某事dream big有遠大的夢想
Anna: Just don’t bring one near me, okay?
安娜:只要不要帶榴槤靠近我就好,好嗎?