
霧濃航班取消
Richard and Maddie are colleagues. They are chatting.
麥蒂跟理查是同事。他們正在聊天。
Richard: I saw you talking to the manager this morning. What’s going on?
理查:我早上看到你跟經理講話。有發生什麼事嗎?
manager(n.)經理
Maddie: Oh, I’m taking a leave for a couple of days. I’m going to Matsu.
麥蒂:噢,我要請幾天假而已。我要去馬祖。
Richard: Wow! Why are you going there?
理查:哇,為什麼?
Maddie: Don’t you know my boyfriend is serving in the army in Matsu? I’m going to visit him.
麥蒂:你不知道我男朋友現在在馬祖當兵嗎?我要去找他。
serve(v.)服務、服役army(n.)軍隊
Richard: I didn’t know that. Matsu is so far away!
理查:我不知道耶。不過馬祖好遠!
far away很遙遠
Maddie: Yes, so I’m leaving tomorrow morning. I hope the weather won’t be too bad.
麥蒂:對,我明天一早就要出發了,我希望天氣不會變太糟。
weather(n.)天氣
Richard: Why?
理查:為什麼?
Maddie: The flight will be canceled if the fog is too thick.
麥蒂:如果霧很濃的話,航班可能會取消。
flight(n.)航班cancel(v.)取消fog(n.)霧thick(adj.)厚、thin(adj.)薄
Richard: Did you check the weather forecast?
理查:你有查天氣預報嗎?
weather forecast天氣預報
Maddie: Yeah, I did. It’s going to be a cloudy day, but no fog!
麥蒂:有,明天是陰天,不會起霧。
cloudy(adj.)多雲的、cloud(n.)雲、foggy(adj.)多霧的