
最糟的遲到藉口
Ed and Joe are meeting up at the train station. Ed is late.
艾德和喬約在火車站見面。艾德遲到了。
meet up約、見面train station火車站
Ed: Sorry, I’m late!
艾德:對不起,我遲到了!
Joe: You’re twenty minutes late. We have a train to catch!
喬:你遲到了二十分鐘。我們要趕火車耶!
be 時間 late、遲到多久catch(v.)抓住、趕車
Ed: Let me tell you what happened.
艾德:我可以解釋。
Joe: I’ll give you a chance.
喬:那給你一個機會!
give you a chance給一個機會
Ed: I didn’t know today was this hot before I went out, so I didn’t bike here. I walked.
艾德:我出門前不知道今天有這麼熱,所以我沒有騎自行車,我用走的。
go out出門bike(v.)騎自行車walk(v.)走路
Joe: Did you lose your mind? It is burning hot out there.
喬:你瘋了嗎?今天超級熱。
lose mind發瘋burning hot超級熱、炎熱
Ed: I know. I was sweating like a pig after just five minutes. I went into a convenience store to take a break.
艾德:我知道。我才走五分鐘就大汗直流,所以走進一家便利商店休息一下。
convenience store便利商店take a break休息一下
Joe: And then?
喬:然後呢?
Ed: Then I was busy with cooling myself down. I lost track of time. I’m really sorry.
艾德:然後就忙著讓自己降溫下來,就沒注意到時間。真的很抱歉。
be busy with N. or Ving忙著cool down降溫lose track of time沒注意到時間
Joe: Come on! That’s the worst excuse ever.
喬:天啊!這真是有史以來最糟糕的藉口。
the worst最糟糕、bad-worse-worstexcuse(n.)藉口理由