
男友和別的女生出去
Charlie and Lily are friends. He notices there is something wrong with her.
查理和莉莉是朋友。他注意到她有點不對勁。
something wrong with sb./sth. 某人(物)跟平常不同
Charlie: Lily, you look a bit unhappy. What’s going on?
查理:莉莉,你看起來有點不開心。發生什麼事了嗎?
unhappy(adj.)不開心、不快樂a bit of sth. 一點點~
Lily: Yeah, I’m not feeling great. My boyfriend went out with another girl.
莉莉:是的,我感覺不太好。我男朋友和另一個女孩出去了。
Charlie: Oh no. Did you talk to your boyfriend about it?
查理:喔不。你有和男朋友談過了嗎?
talk to sb. about sth. 和某人談論某事
Lily: Not yet. I’m not sure how to bring it up.
莉莉:還沒有。我不確定該怎麼開口。
not yet 還沒有、尚未I am not sure+名詞子句(when,what,who)
Charlie: Maybe you should give it some time and then tell him how you feel.
查理:也許你應該沉澱一下,然後告訴他你的感受。
tell(v.)告訴
Lily: Yeah, you’re right. I just need some space right now.
莉莉:是的,你說得對。我現在只是需要一些空間。
space(n.)空間
Charlie: Take care of yourself, Lily. If you need someone to talk to, I’m here for you.
查理:好好照顧自己,莉莉。如果你需要談談,我一直都在。
take care of sb.照顧某人=look after sb.take care of sth.處理某事
Lily: Thanks, Charlie.
莉莉:謝謝,查理。
Charlie: It’ll be fine. Don’t worry too much.
查理:事情會變好的。不要太擔心。
worry(v.)擔心worried(adj.)擔憂的be worried about擔心~
Lily: I hope so. Thanks for being so nice.
莉莉:我希望如此。謝謝你對我這麼好。
hope(v.)希望thank sb. for sth. 因為~而感謝對方