
阿嬤的生日晚宴
John and Ollie are brothers. Ollie is lying on his bed.
約翰和歐利是兄弟。歐利正躺在床上。
lie-lay-lying(v.)躺著、lie(v.)說謊-lied-lying
John: Why are you still in your pajamas?
約翰:你為什麼還穿著睡衣?
PJ=pajamas睡衣
Ollie: Why wouldn’t I be?
歐利:什麼意思?
John: You should get dressed! We’re leaving in ten minutes.
約翰:你應該要穿好衣服啊,我們十分鐘內要出發。
get dressed著裝leave(v.)離開
Ollie: To where?
歐利:去哪裡?
John: To grandmother’s birthday dinner!
約翰:去阿嬤的生日晚宴!
Ollie: Mom said I don’t need to go.
歐利:媽說我不需要去。
John: I’m afraid there’s a change of plan.
約翰:恐怕原本的計劃有變喔。
Ollie: But I don’t want to go at all.
歐利:但我根本不想去啊。
not…at all一點也不
John: You don’t have a say in this. Hurry up!
約翰:由不得你反對。趕快!
have a say有意見、能決定hurry up快點
Ollie: Stop rushing me.
歐利:別再催我了。
rush(v.)催促、(n.)急忙、in a rush