
抓住心之前,先抓住胃
Luke and Amanda are talking about healthy meats that have been discussed on the news.
路克跟雅曼達在討論新聞裡的健康肉類問題。
healthy(adj.)健康的discuss(v.)討論
Luke: Let me get this straight. Red meat is less healthy, right?
路克:讓我搞清楚,紅肉是比較不健康的吧?
straight(adv.)清楚地、簡單明瞭的healthy(adj.)健康的
Amanda: Most nutritionists think so.
雅曼達:大部分的營養學家是這麼想的。
nutritionist(n.)營養師think so認同
Luke: So are salmon and crab both considered red meat?
路克:所以鮭魚跟螃蟹也都算是紅肉囉?
salmon(n.)鮭魚crab(n.)螃蟹consider(v.)認為、當成
Amanda: No, fish and crustaceans are considered white meat. The definition is not based on the color after it is cooked.
雅曼達:不,魚類跟甲殼類都是白肉。定義不照烹煮後的顏色來區分。
crustacean(n.)甲殼類consider(v.)認為、當成definition(n.)定義base on根據
Luke: So most of the meat we eat is considered red meat.
路克:那其實我們大部分吃的肉都是紅肉。
consider(v.)認為、當成
Amanda: Yes. But, actually red meat has some benefits. A research done in Canada points out that most men feel calmer after seeing pictures of steak or lamb chops.
雅曼達:對啊,但紅肉也還是有好處的。一份加拿大的研究指出,男人在看到牛排或羊排的圖片後會變得比較冷靜。
benefit(n.)好處point out指出steak(n.)牛排lamb chop羊排
Luke: You mean men will become more tamer?
路克:你是說會讓男人變溫馴嗎?
tame(adj.)溫馴的
Amanda: Maybe. Also, red meats contain iron and protein, which are good for our body.
雅曼達:也許喔,而且,紅肉有充分的鐵質跟蛋白質,對身體很好。
contain(v.)含有iron(n.)鐵質protein(n.)蛋白質
Luke: I see. So if you want to tame a man, it might be effective to give him red meat!
路克:我懂了,所以如果你想馴服一個男人,也許給他吃紅肉會很有效果!
tame(v.)馴化effective(adj.)有效的