
第一時間保命動作
Claire and Leo feel an earthquake while they are watching TV in the living room.
克萊兒與李歐在客廳看電視時感覺到地震。
while(conj.)當……時
Claire: Earthquakes have been occurring these past few days.
克萊兒:最近幾天地震持續在發生耶!
occur(v.)發生past(adj.)過去的
Leo: They make the rescues in Hualien so hard to go on.
李歐:它們使花蓮的救災很難繼續。
rescue(n.)救援,營救go on繼續
Claire: If an earthquake hits while you’re sleeping, what would you do?
克萊兒:如果當你睡覺時發生地震,你會怎麼做?
would(aux.)將,會
Leo: I think I would hide beside the bed.
李歐:我想我會躲在床邊。
hide(v.)躲,藏beside(prep.)在……旁邊
Claire: According to the experts, we should stay in the bed.
克萊兒:根據專家的意見,我們應該要待在床上。
according to根據expert(n.)專家should(aux.)應該
Leo: Why is that?
李歐:為什麼呢?
Claire: Because it’s easier to get hurt while we are moving. We may hit other objects or furniture.
克萊兒:因為當我們移動時會更容易受傷。我們可能會撞到其他物體或傢俱。
easier(adj.)較容易的hurt(adj.)受傷的,疼痛的move(v.)移動object(n.)物體furniture(n.)傢俱
Leo: Hmm… That makes sense. We probably won’t be able to move anyway if it shakes too vigorously.
李歐:嗯……有道理。如果劇烈搖晃時我們可能甚至無法移動!
sense(n.)意義,含義make sense有道理probably(adv.)很可能,大概be able to能夠anyway(adv.)無論如何shake(v.)搖vigorously(adv.)劇烈地
Claire: Therefore, relatively speaking, it’s safer to stay in the bed than hiding beside it.
克萊兒:所以,相對來說,待在床上比起躲在床邊更安全。
therefore(adv.)因此relatively(adv.)相對地safer(adj.)較安全的than(prep.)比
Leo: I see! When an earthquake hits next time, please just knock me out immediately!
李歐:我瞭解了。當下次地震發生時,請立刻把我打昏!
see(v.)知道,了解knock sb. out擊昏immediately(adv.)立即,立刻