
籃球隊甄選
Troy and Jeff are classmates. They are on their way to school.
特洛伊和傑夫是同學。他們在上學途中。
school(n.)學校
Troy: What are you doing after school today?
特洛伊:今天放學後你要做什麼?
Jeff: I’m going to try out for the basketball team.
傑夫:我要去參加籃球校隊甄選。
tryout or try-out選拔basketball(n.)籃球
Troy: Is it today? Good luck man!
特洛伊:是今天?祝你好運!
good luck祝你好運
Jeff: I’m a bit nervous. I don’t think I will make the cut.
傑夫:我有點緊張。我覺得我過不了。
nervous(adj.)緊張的
Troy: Why is that?
特洛伊:為什麼呢?
Jeff: I’m afraid that I’m not tall enough.
傑夫:我怕我不夠高。
afraid(adj.)害怕的tall(adj.)高的enough足夠
Troy: Well, you’re a good player. I think the height doesn’t matter.
特洛伊:嗯,你球打得很好啊。我覺得身高不是重點。
player(n.)選手、玩家height(n.)身高matter(v.)重要、有關係
Jeff: You think so?
傑夫:是這樣嗎?
Troy: Don’t sweat it! You got this!
特洛伊:別擔心!你行得!
don′t sweat it別緊張=take it easy
Jeff: Alright. I’ll text you after the tryout. See how it goes.
傑夫:好吧。甄選結束後,我傳簡訊給你,看看情況如何。
text(v.)傳簡訊how it goes事態如何發展