
室友活體鬧鐘
Helen and Martin are roommates. Martin wants to take a nap.
海倫和馬丁是室友。馬丁想小睡一會兒。
take a nap睡午覺
Martin: Got a minute?
馬丁:你現在有空嗎?
minute(n.)分鐘
Helen: Yeah. I am just having lunch.
海倫:有。我在吃午飯而已。
Martin: Could you do me a favor?
馬丁:你能幫我個忙嗎?
do sb. a favor幫某人忙
Helen: What is it?
海倫:什麼忙?
Martin: I have a meeting at three, but I really want to sleep now.
馬丁:我三點有一個會議,但我現在真的很想睡覺。
at+時間、幾點鐘sleep(v.)睡覺
Helen: Why don’t you set an alarm clock?
海倫:你怎麼不設個鬧鐘?
set(v.)設置alarm clock鬧鐘
Martin: Trust me. That won’t work.
馬丁:相信我。鬧鐘絕對沒用。
trust(v.)相信work(v.)有作用
Helen: Alright. I’ll keep that in mind.
海倫:好啦。我會記得。
keep sth. in mind銘記在心
Martin: Thanks. I really can’t be late for this meeting.
馬丁:謝謝。這次會議我真的不能遲到。
be late for sth.遲到
Helen: Don’t worry. I will wake you up on time.
海倫:別擔心。我會準時把你叫醒。
worry(v.)擔心