
按下緊急按鈕
Davis and Penny are a couple. Davis just got home.
戴維斯和佩尼是一對夫妻。戴維斯剛到家。
Penny: Honey, why are you so late today? It’s eight o’clock now.
佩尼:親愛的,今天怎麼那麼晚?現在八點了。
late(adj.)晚的、遲的
Davis: I was stuck in an elevator at work.
戴維斯:我上班時被困在電梯裡了。
at work上班時
Penny: What? Are you ok?
佩尼:什麼?你還好嗎?
Davis: I pressed the emergency button when I found the elevator didn’t work.
戴維斯:我發現電梯壞了之後就按了緊急按鈕。
press(v.)按壓emergency(n.)緊急情況button(n.)鈕扣、按鈕work(v.)運作
Penny: Did you contact the person in charge right away?
佩尼:你有馬上聯繫到負責人嗎?
contact(v.)聯絡、聯繫in charge負責管理right away馬上、立即
Davis: Yes. He told me not to touch any buttons or try to break the door.
戴維斯:有的。他跟我說不要碰任何按鈕或試著破壞電梯門。
tell sb. not to do sth.告訴某人不要做某事touch(v.)碰、觸摸break(v.)破壞
Penny: That would be dangerous.
佩尼:那會很危險。
dangerous(adj.)危險的safe(adj.)安全的
Davis: I still had to wait for thirty minutes to get out of there.
戴維斯:我還是必須等半小時脫離那裡。
have to必須wait(v.)等待wait for sb. or sth.等待某人或某物out of somewhere or sth.不在某處、不處於某種情況
Penny: Sounds like a horrible experience.
佩尼:聽起來是個可怕的經驗。
horrible(adj.)可怕的、令人不快的experience(n.)經驗
Davis: I think I will climb the stairs rather than take the elevator next time.
戴維斯:我想下次我會爬樓梯而不是搭電梯了。
climb(v.)爬、攀爬climb the mountain爬山climb the stairs爬樓梯rather than而不是take(v.)搭