
你想做到哪一天?
James is at work. He wants to quit his job.
詹姆斯在工作,他想辭職。
work(n.)工作want(v.)想要quit(v.)辭職job(n.)工作
James: Hi Diana, are you busy?
詹姆斯:嗨,黛安娜,你在忙嗎?
busy(adj.)忙碌的
Diana: No, what’s on your mind?
黛安娜:不會,怎麼了嗎?
mind(n.)頭腦
James: I’ve decided to quit this job. I’m here to hand in my notice.
詹姆斯:我決定要辭職,我是來交辭呈的。
decide(v.)決定quit(v.)辭職job(n.)工作hand in提交hand in your notice遞交辭呈
Diana: You’re leaving? Do you have a good reason?
黛安娜:你要走?有什麼好原因嗎?
leave(v.)離開reason(n.)原因
James: Yes, I don’t think I am a good fit for this company. My friend is starting a business and I have decided to work with him.
詹姆斯:有,我覺得我不適任,我朋友剛創業,我決定去幫他。
think(v.)認為fit(n.)合適company(n.)公司friend(n.)朋友start(v.)開始business(n.)事業、公司decide(v.)決定work(v.)工作
Diana: I see, so when will your last day be?
黛安娜:了解,你想做到哪一天?
I see我明白last(adj.)最後的
James: I’ll carry on working here for the next two weeks, and then I’ll leave on Friday the 15th.
詹姆斯:我會繼續在這邊工作兩週,接著想在2月15日星期五離開。
carry on繼續work(v.)工作week(n.)週leave(v.)離開
Diana: Well, thank you for letting me know in advance so that we have time to find someone new.
黛安娜:好的,謝謝你提前讓我知道,這樣我們可以先找新人。
thank you for為了⋯⋯感謝let(v.)讓know(v.)知道in advance事前time(n.)時間find(v.)找someone(pron.)某人new(adj.)新的
James: It’s the least I could do.
詹姆斯:這是最後我能做到的了。
least(adv.)最少