
借車不刮傷
Billy and Kate are in a coffee shop. Billy wants to borrow Kate’s car.
比利和凱特在咖啡廳裡。比利想跟凱特借車。
borrow(v.)向他人借入
Billy: Kate, can I ask for a favor?
比利:凱特,我能請你幫個忙嗎?
favor(n.)人情;幫忙
Kate: What do you need?
凱特:你需要什麼?
need(v.)需要
Billy: Could you lend me your car tomorrow, please?
比利:你明天能借我你的車嗎?拜託。
lend(v.)借出給他人
Kate: You scratched it last time.
凱特:你上次刮傷它了。
scratch(v.)刮傷
Billy: I promise I won’t do that again. Please.
比利:我保證不會有下次了,拜託。
promise(v.)承諾
Kate: Do you promise to be careful this time?
凱特:你能保證你這次會小心嗎?
careful(adj.)小心的
Billy: You have my word.
比利:我說到做到。
word(n.)字詞、話語
Kate: And today’s coffee is on you?
凱特:而且今天的咖啡由你請客?
sth is on sb=某個人買單
Billy: Of course. My treat.
比利:當然。我買單。
My treat=我請客
Kate: Fine. You can use it tomorrow.
凱特:好吧。你明天能用我的車。
use(v.)使用
Billy: Thanks. I owe you one.
比利:謝了,我欠你個人情。