
食物深藏家鄉味
Julian and Catherine are friends. Julian is a student from Mexico.
朱利安跟凱薩琳是朋友。朱利安是一位從墨西哥來的學生。
come from來自be from來自
Julian: Catherine… I want to go back to Mexico.
朱利安:凱薩琳⋯⋯我想要回墨西哥。
want to V想做want+(n.)想要wanna=want togonna=going togotta=got togo back=return(v.)return to, fromreturn(v.)歸還
Catherine: Why? What happened?
凱薩琳:為什麼?發生什麼事了?
Why=how comewhat happened=what’s going on=what’s happening
Julian: I miss Mexican food so much!
朱利安:我實在是太想念墨西哥美食了。
Catherine: Uhm… don’t we have some Mexican restaurants here?
凱薩琳:嗯,可是這附近不是也有些墨西哥餐廳嗎?
eatery(n.)=diner(n.)小餐館cafeteria(n.)自助餐school cafeteria學校自助餐high-end(adj.)=fancy(adj.)高級的
Julian: I tried them all, but the food didn’t taste like it did back home.
朱利安:那些餐廳我都吃過了,但裡面的食物一點都沒有家鄉味。
Try sth on=try on sth試穿try out 試驗taste like (n.)吃起來像taste + (adj.)吃起來如何sound(v.) 聽feel(v.) 感覺smell(v.) 聞look(v.)看
Catherine: Hey, I have an idea. Let’s make some tacos ourselves.
凱薩琳:嘿,我想到了!不如我們自己來做墨西哥捲餅吧!
使役動詞+RVlet(v.) 讓、允許make(v.) 讓、逼迫have(v.) 交付get(v.)說服
Julian: Tacos? Great choice! You do know that tacos put Mexico on the map, right?
朱利安:墨西哥捲餅?選得好!你知道是墨西哥捲餅讓墨西哥如此出名的吧?
be famous for以⋯⋯為名
Catherine: I think I can see why. So, you know the recipe. What do we need?
凱薩琳:我大概知道為什麼。所以,你知道食譜。那我們要買什麼呢?
see(v.)了解recipe(n.) 訣竅、食譜I’ll make you some tea 我來幫你泡杯茶
Julian: Well, let’s get some lemons and chilis, and I have the rest in my kitchen. I’ll make you the best taco.
朱利安:嗯,我們只要買些檸檬跟辣椒。其他的材料我家廚房都有。我一定會讓你吃到世界上最好吃的墨西哥捲餅。
the rest剩下的東西、複數the+(adj.)的人們、集合名詞the rich有錢的人the poor貧窮的人
Catherine: What are we waiting for?
凱薩琳:我們還在等什麼呢?
wait for + (n.)等待⋯⋯