
該怎麼做?
Tim and Yaz are good friends. They are cooking dinner together in Tim’s kitchen.
提姆和雅茲是好朋友。他們一起在提姆的廚房做晚餐。
together(adv.)一起
Tim: Ouch! I just burned my hand!
提姆:哎呀!我剛燙到手了!
Yaz: Oh no! How did it happen?
雅茲:哎呀!怎麼回事?
Tim: I touched the hot pan by accident. What should I do now?
提姆:我不小心碰到熱鍋了。我現在該怎麼做?
pan(n.)平底鍋by accident不小心、意外地
Yaz: Quickly put your hand under cool running water.
雅茲:趕快把手放到流動的涼水下沖。
under(prep.)在~下面below(prep.)在~下面(強調平面的高低)running(adj.)流動的、水龍頭開著的
Tim: Okay, I’m doing that now.
提姆:好的,我現在就沖。
be V+V-ing現在進行式
Yaz: Keep it under the water for about 10 minutes.
雅茲:讓手在水裡沖差不多10分鐘。
keep(v.)維持
Tim: It feels better already.
提姆:感覺已經比較舒服了。
better(adj.)較好的(good的比較級)already(adv.)已經
Yaz: Good. Don’t put cream or ice on it. That can make it worse.
雅茲:很好。不要擦藥膏或敷冰塊,這會讓燙傷更嚴重。
cream(n.)奶油、乳霜worse(adj.)更糟的(bad的比較級)
Tim: Got it, no cream or ice. Thanks, Yaz! You really help me.
提姆:知道了,不擦藥膏也不敷冰塊。謝謝你,雅茲!你真的幫了我大忙。
help sb. (to) VR幫某人做某事help with sth.幫忙某件事
Yaz: You’re welcome! If it gets worse, see a doctor.
雅茲:不用客氣!如果情況變嚴重,要去看醫生喔。
Tim: I will be more careful next time!
提姆:我下次會更小心的!
be careful with sth.小心使用某物be careful about sth.小心某件事、行為next time下次、下一回