
二手店收購舊物
Milton is talking to his friend Judy. Judy works at a second-hand shop.
彌爾頓在和他的朋友茱蒂聊天。茱蒂在一家二手店工作。
shop(n.)商店(v.)購物shop for sth.購買~
Milton: I just bought a new house.
彌爾頓:我剛買了一棟新房子。
buy(v.)購買buy sth. for sb.買~給某人
Judy: Wow, that’s great! I’m so glad for you.
茱蒂:哇,太棒了!我真替你高興。
Milton: Thanks! But I have a lot of stuff from my old house.
彌爾頓:謝謝!但我舊房子有很多東西。
stuff(n.)物品、雜物
Judy: What kind of stuff?
茱蒂:什麼樣的東西?
Milton: Some furniture, books, and kitchen items. Do you think the second-hand shop might be interested?
彌爾頓:一些傢俱、書和廚房用品。你覺得二手店會有興趣嗎?
furniture(n.)傢俱item(n.)東西、器物interested(adj.)感興趣的be interested in sth.對~感興趣interest(n.)興趣
Judy: Yes, I think so! We are always looking for good things to sell.
茱蒂:我想會的!我們總是在尋找可以賣的好東西。
look for 尋找sell sth. to sb.向某人出售sell out賣光
Milton: That’s good to hear. Can you take a look at them?
彌爾頓:太好了。你能來看看這些東西嗎?
take a look at sth.看看~take a quick look at快速查看take a closer look at仔細查看
Judy: Of course! Can I come by this weekend? I’ll help you sort them out.
茱蒂:當然可以!我這週末可以去你家嗎?我會幫你整理。
come by造訪、偶遇sort out整理、解決問題
Milton: Thanks, Judy. That’s really nice of you.
彌爾頓:謝謝你,茱蒂。你真是太好了。
Judy: No problem, Milton. I’m happy to help!
茱蒂:不客氣,彌爾頓。我很樂意幫忙!