
幫忙的代價
Mark and Simon are colleagues. They are at the office.
馬克和賽門是同事。他們在辦公室。
colleague(n.)同事office(n.)辦公室
Mark: Simon, this afternoon, I need you to call my client about the meeting tomorrow.
馬克:賽門,我需要你幫我打電話客戶通知一下明天下午的會議。
call(v.)打電話client(n.)客戶meeting(n.)會議
Simon: Why me? Can’t you do it yourself?
賽門:為什麼要我打?你不能自己打嗎?
can(modal)能夠+RV
Mark: I can’t. I have bigger fish to fry.
馬克:我不能。我有更要緊的事要處理。
Simon: What bigger fish?
賽門:什麼事?
Mark: I can’t tell you. Just do it for me, okay?
馬克:我不能告訴你。就幫我打啦,好嗎?
tell(v.)告訴
Simon: Alright. Just write down the number for me.
賽門:好啦。記得寫一下電話號碼。
write sth. down or write down sth.寫下number(n.)號碼
Mark: Nice! I’ll make it up to you!
馬克:太好了!我會好好彌補你的!
make it up to sb.補償
Simon: A cup of cappuccino would be nice.
賽門:一杯卡布奇諾就好。
cup(n.)杯will do就可以了
Mark: Sure thing. I can get you a muffin as well.
馬克:當然可以。我也可以幫你帶一個瑪芬。
muffin(n.)瑪芬as well=too也是