
指尖也要美美的
Vicky and Sam are coworkers. They are chatting.
維琦跟山姆是同事,他們在聊天。
coworker(n.)同事chat(v.)聊天
Sam: Wow, your nails are colorful.
山姆:哇,你的指甲好繽紛喔。
nail(n.)指甲colorful(adj.)繽紛的
Vicky: Yeah, I had gel nails done.
維琦:是啊,我去做凝膠美甲了。
have(v.)使⋯⋯gel(n.)膠nail(n.)指甲done(adj.)完成的
Sam: How much does a gel manicure usually cost?
山姆:這樣做指甲通常要花多少錢?
gel(n.)膠manicure(n.)美甲usually(adv.)通常cost(v.)花費
Vicky: I think it’s between 700 to 1,500 NTD.
維琦:我想是700到1,500元之間。
think(v.)認為between(adv.)介於⋯⋯之間
Sam: That’s expensive! Why don’t you apply nail polish by yourself?
山姆:好貴!你為什麼不自己塗指甲油就好?
expensive(adj.)昂貴的apply(v.)塗抹nail polish指甲油by oneself自己
Vicky: Because gel nails can last for almost a month.
維琦:因為凝膠指甲可以維持近一個月。
gel(n.)膠nail(n.)指甲last(v.)維持almost(adv.)幾乎month(n.)月
Sam: Oh, I see.
山姆:喔,原來如此。
I see我瞭解了
Vicky: I’ll get a pedicure, too.
維琦:我也會再去做腳趾甲。
pedicure(n.)足部保養
Sam: Now I understand why many girls can’t save money.
山姆:現在我知道為什麼很多女生存不了錢了。
understand(v.)瞭解many(adj.)許多的girl(n.)女孩save(v.)存money(n.)錢