
心理健康發出警訊
Riley and Leila are colleagues. They are chatting.
萊利和蕾拉是同事。他們正在聊天。
Riley: Good morning, Leila. How are you today?
萊利:早安,蕾拉。你今天好嗎?
Leila: Not so good. I had a nightmare and didn’t sleep well.
蕾拉:不太好。我做惡夢沒睡好。
Riley: Really? Sometimes having nightmares is a warning sign of mental health issues. You should examine your daily life to find out what the reason might be.
萊利:真的嗎?有時候做惡夢是心理健康問題發出的警訊。你應該檢視日常生活找出可能的原因。
sign(n.)跡象、標誌warning sign警示症狀、預兆; road sign路標examine(v.)檢視、審查
Leila: Well, I was assigned a project last week. It increased my workload, which had already been heavy enough.
蕾拉:嗯,我上禮拜被分派了一個專案。那增加了我已經夠大的工作量。
assign(v.)分派、指派increase(v.)增大、增加; decrease(v.)減少
Riley: That might be the reason.
萊利:那可能就是原因。
Leila: But I don’t think I’m under a lot of stress.
蕾拉:但我不覺得我壓力很大。
stress(n.)壓力emotional stress情緒壓力
Riley: It’s common that bad dreams reflect realities. You could spend time walking in the sun, which can help relieve your anxiety.
萊利:惡夢反映出現實是很常見的。你可以花點時間在太陽底下走走,可以幫助你減輕焦慮。
reflect(v.)反映、顯示relieve(v.)緩解、減輕anxiety(n.)焦慮; anxious(adj.)焦慮的
Leila: OK. It seems that I have trouble winding down during my bedtime routine.
蕾拉:好啊。我對於在每天的睡覺時間放鬆似乎有困難。
have trouble V-ing對某事有困難wind down放鬆下來routine(n.)例行公事
Riley: That’s not good. Maybe you can have some milk and bananas. They contain certain chemicals that help you feel relaxed and happy.
萊利:那不太好耶。或許你可以喝點牛奶和吃香蕉。它們含有可以讓你感到放鬆和快樂的特定化學物質。
chemical(n.)化學物質relax(v.)放鬆; relaxed(adj.)放鬆的
Leila: I hope they can prevent me from having nightmares, too.
蕾拉:希望也可以避免讓我做惡夢。
prevent(v.)阻止、預防prevent sb. from sth.讓某人避免某事