
打電話請病假
Milo and Ben are roommates. Milo is in his room.
麥洛和本是室友。麥洛在他的房間裡。
room(n.)房間
Milo: Ben! Could you come into my room for a sec?
麥洛:本!你來我房間一下嗎?
for a sec=for a second很快地、一下下
Ben: What’s wrong with you?
本:你怎麼了?
Milo: I’m so weak now.
麥洛:我好虛弱。
weak(adj.)虛弱的
Ben: You’re burning up! What happened?
本:你在發燒!發生什麼事?
burn up發燒=have a fever=run a fever
Milo: I got wet in the rain yesterday.
麥洛:昨天我淋了一點雨。
Ben: I’ll call in sick for you.
本:我幫你打電話請病假。
call in sick打電話請病假
Milo: Could I have some warm water?
麥洛:我可以喝些溫水嗎?
warm water溫水
Ben: Of course. I have some pills left. They will bring down the fever.
本:當然。我還剩一些藥,可以退燒。
pill(n.)藥丸、take a pill吃藥bring down the fever退燒
Milo: Thanks. I can’t believe I’m running a fever just because of the rain.
麥洛:謝謝。我真不敢相信因為一點雨我就發燒。
believe(v.)相信because of+N.因為