
機車停在腳踏車格
Eugene and Rose are colleagues. They are talking.
尤金和蘿絲是同事。他們正在說話。
Rose: Good morning, Eugene. You’re here early today.
蘿絲:早安,尤金。你今天來得真早。
early(adj.)(adv.)早的、早地
Eugene: Yep. I got a traffic ticket yesterday.
尤金:是啊。我昨天被開了一張交通罰單。
Rose: What? Did you go over the speed limit or something?
蘿絲:什麼?你超速之類的嗎?
speed limit車速限制
Eugene: No. I parked my scooter in a parking space, but the space is for bikes.
尤金:沒有。我把機車停在停車格內,但那是給腳踏車停的。
park(v.)停車space(n.)空間、空地
Rose: Didn’t you see the sign?
蘿絲:你沒看到告示嗎?
sign(n.)標誌、告示
Eugene: I did. But there were no empty parking spaces near the office.
尤金:有。但公司附近沒有空的停車位了。
empty(adj.)空的near(adj.)(prep.)近的、靠近office(n.)辦公室、辦公處
Rose: That’s true. Did they tow away your scooter?
蘿絲:那倒是真的。你的機車有被拖吊嗎?
tow sth. away拖走車輛、船隻
Eugene: No. I was fined NT$600 for this, so I came to the office earlier today to find a parking space.
尤金:沒有。我被罰了六百元,所以我今天早點來公司找停車位。
fine(v.)處以罰鍰、罰金be fined ~ for sth.因某事被處以~罰鍰(罰金)
Rose: Where did you park today?
蘿絲:你今天停在哪裡?
Eugene: It’s about a five-minute walk from here.
尤金:離這裡走路約五分鐘的地方。