
愛吃甜食!
Lily and Kenny are friends. They are having a conversation.
莉莉和肯尼是朋友。他們正在對話。
Lily: Hey Kenny! What are you eating?
莉莉:欸,肯尼,你在吃什麼?
be V+V-ing:現在進行式
Kenny: Chocolate. I love sweets!
肯尼:巧克力。我超愛吃甜食!
Lily: Didn’t you have cake yesterday?
莉莉:你昨天不是才吃蛋糕嗎?
cake(n.)蛋糕a piece of cake一塊蛋糕a slice of cake一片蛋糕a bite of cake一口蛋糕
Kenny: Yeah… I have a sweet tooth.
肯尼:對啊⋯⋯我就是個螞蟻人啦。
have a sweet tooth很喜歡吃甜食的人
Lily: What does that mean?
莉莉:什麼意思?
mean(v.)意思是
Kenny: It means I really like sweet things — like candy and cookies.
肯尼:就是我很愛吃甜的啊,像糖果、餅乾那種。
Lily: Do you eat sweets every day?
莉莉:你每天都吃喔?
Kenny: Almost. I just can’t say no!
肯尼:幾乎吧,我都無法抗拒!
can’t say no (to something)無法拒絕(某樣東西)
Lily: That’s not so good. Eating too many sweets isn’t healthy.
莉莉:這樣不好耶,吃太多甜的對身體不好。
healthy(adj.)健康的stay healthy維持健康healthy eating habits健康的飲食習慣
Kenny: I know… but they taste so good!
肯尼:我知道啦⋯⋯可是甜的很好吃嘛!
taste(v.)嘗起來、品嚐(n.)口味、品味
Lily: Do you brush your teeth after?
莉莉:那你有刷牙嗎?
tooth(n.)一顆牙齒
Kenny: Sometimes…
肯尼:有時候啦⋯⋯
sometimes(adv.)有時候
Lily: Kenny! You need to brush every day!
莉莉:肯尼!你每天都要刷啦!
Kenny: Okay, okay. I’ll try to eat less sugar and more fruit.
肯尼:好啦,好啦。我會少吃點糖,多吃水果。
less(adj.)較少的(adv.)不那麼...fruit(n.)水果
Lily: That’s better. Fruit is sweet too — and it’s good for you.
莉莉:這樣才對!水果也甜啊,而且比較健康。
Kenny: Thanks, Lily. Can I finish this chocolate first?
肯尼:謝啦,莉莉。不過我先吃完這塊巧克力可以嗎?
Lily: Fine, but just this once!
莉莉:好啦,但只能這次喔!
once(n.)一次、某次once or twice一、兩次a few times幾次