
餐廳裡的不耐煩
William is waiting for Eugene in a restaurant. He is looking at the menu.
威廉正在餐廳裡等尤金,他正在看菜單。
wait(v.)等;等待Everyone is waiting in line to enter the store.restaurant(n.)餐館;餐廳look at sth.=看~menu(n.)菜單What is on the menu today?
Eugene: Sorry I’m late. I got held up in traffic.
尤金:抱歉我遲到了,路上堵車耽擱了。
late(adj.)遲到的;晚的be held up=被耽擱;被耽誤I was held up by a long queue.I was held up in the office.traffic(n.)交通
William: It’s okay. Take a look at the menu.
威廉:沒事,看看菜單吧。
take a look at sth.=看~;瞧瞧~
Eugene: What do you want to order?
尤金:你想要點什麼?
order(v.)訂貨;點餐I ordered a wooden coffee table online.
William: I haven’t decided yet. This is taking me forever.
威廉:還沒決定好,我無法決定要吃什麼。
decide(v.)決定yet(adv.)還(沒)take forever=要花很多時間;永遠都無法完成It is taking forever to clean up my room.
Eugene: I know how hard it is for you to make up your mind.
尤金:我知道對你來說決定要吃什麼有多難。
hard(adj.)困難的;費力的It is hard to learn a language.
William: Yeah! There are way too many things to choose from.
威廉:對啊,有太多東西可以選了。
way(adv.)過度;太~choose(v.)(choose-chose)選擇The teacher chose Peter to be the class monitor.
Eugene: I can tell. What do you think I should have? Steak, risotto, or pizza?
尤金:我懂,你覺得我該吃什麼?牛排、燉飯還是披薩?
steak(n.)牛排risotto(n.)燉飯
William: You’re asking the wrong person. I can’t even choose for myself.
威廉:你問錯人了,我自己都還沒決定好。
ask(v.)問wrong(adj.)錯誤的even(adv.)連~;甚至
Eugene: Um...I’d have salami pizza. Are you ready to order?
尤金:嗯...那我來個薩拉米披薩。準備好要點餐了嗎?
ready(adj.)準備好的
William: Not yet. Give me one more second.
威廉:還沒,再給我一下下。
give sb. a second=給某人時間second(adj.)第二(個)的;(n.)秒;片刻