
外送員的求救
It’s lunchtime, and Lisa just ordered food takeout. She received a call from the deliverer.
午餐時間到了,麗莎剛點了食物外送。她接到外送員打來的電話。
takeout(n.)外帶、外送=carryout=(英)takeawayreceive(v.)收到=getdeliverer(n.)外送員
Deliverer: Hello, this is Mike. I’m here to deliver your food from New York Eats. I can’t find the entrance to your building. Can you help me?
外送員:你好,我是麥克。我來配送你在「New York Eats」上訂的餐點。我找不到進入你家大樓的入口。你能幫幫我嗎?
deliver(v.)運送
Lisa: Hi, Mike. Thanks for calling. The entrance to our building is a little hard to find. It’s where Fifth Avenue and Maple Street meet. Can you see it from where you are?
麗莎:嗨,麥克。感謝你來電。我家大樓的入口有點難找。它在第五大道跟楓樹街的交會的地方。你從目前位置有看到嗎?
hard(adj.)困難的
Deliverer: Thank you. I will look for that place. I should be able to find it now.
外送員:謝謝你,麗莎。我會找找看。現在應該找得到。
be able to RV能夠做某事
Lisa: Great! When you get inside, please put the food downstairs on the shelf near the front desk. It’s clearly marked for deliveries.
麗莎:太好了!你進來的時候,請把餐點放在樓下櫃檯附近的架子上。那裡有明顯標示是放外送的地方。
inside(adj.)(adv.)裡面(的)、室內的outside(adj.)(adv.)外面(的)、戶外的downstairs(adv.)在樓下upstairs(adv.)在樓上mark(v.)標示、作記號delivery(n.)運送、遞送、投遞pay on delivery貨到付款
Deliverer: Got it. I will make sure to put it on the shelf downstairs.
外送員:了解。我一定會把它放到樓下的架子上。
make sure to RV確保、一定要做某事
Lisa: Please give me a call when you arrive, and I will come downstairs to get the food.
麗莎:請你到的時候打給我,我會下樓取餐。
arrive(v.)抵達
Deliverer: Perfect. I will call you when I’ve put the food on the shelf.
外送員:好的,麗莎。我把餐點放到架子上後會給你打電話。
Lisa: Thank you, Mike.
麗莎:謝謝你,麥克。
Deliverer: You’re welcome. I will be there soon with your delicious food.
外送員:不客氣。我會儘快把你的美食送達。
delicious(adj.)美味的