
暗藏大病警訊
Wes and Lucy are roommates.
魏斯跟露西是室友。
roommate(n.)室友
Lucy: Hey, are you up yet? You’re late for work.
露西:嘿,你起床了嗎?上班要遲到了。
late(adj.)遲的work(n.)工作
Wes: Oh, I’m awake but can you give me a hand here?
魏斯:喔,我醒了,但你可以來幫我一下嗎?
awake(adj.)醒的give sb a hand幫某人一下
Lucy: No problem. What happened? You look terrible.
露西:沒問題,怎麼了?你看起來很糟。
look(v.)看起來terrible(adj.)糟糕的
Wes: I can’t feel my legs.
魏斯:我感覺不到我的腿。
feel(v.)感覺leg(n.)腿
Lucy: You mean your legs are numb? What happened?
露西:你是腿麻掉了嗎?怎麼會?
mean(v.)意思是leg(n.)腿numb(adj.)麻木的、失去知覺的
Wes: I don’t know. It’s been happening whenever I get up in the morning lately.
魏斯:不知道,最近早上起床的時候都會這樣。
happen(v.)發生get up起床lately(adv.)最近
Lucy: That could be a serious problem. I think you’ve gotten thinner too.
露西:這可能是個嚴重的問題,我覺得你也變瘦了。
serious(adj.)嚴重的problem(n.)問題thin(adj.)瘦的
Wes: What should I do?
魏斯:怎麼辦?
Lucy: I suggest you call in sick today and go see a doctor.
露西:我建議你今天請一天病假,去看醫生。
suggest(v.)建議call in sick請病假doctor(n.)醫生