
獵槍?那什麼意思?
Ruth just got her driver’s license. She and Ronny are going to Costco.
露絲剛拿到駕照。她跟羅尼要去好事多。
driver′s license駕照
Ronny: I call shotgun!
羅尼:「我說獵槍」(我坐副駕﹞!
Ruth: Shotgun? What does that mean?
露絲:獵槍?那什麼意思?
Ronny: That means you’re driving. Here’s the key.
羅尼:意思就是你開車。來,鑰匙給你。
Ruth: Do you really trust me on this?
露絲:你真的相信我的開車技術?
trust(v.)相信、信任
Ronny: Well, even if you passed the test, you still need some practice on the road.
羅尼:這個嘛,就算你過了考試,也還是需要上路練習啊。
even if就算practice(n.)練習on the road路上
Ruth: That’s true. You be my GPS then.
露絲:這倒是真的。那你導航。
GPS導航=Global Positioning System全球定位系統
Ronny: Where are we heading?
羅尼:我們要去哪?
head(v.)前往
Ruth: The Costco in Neihu. I think we should take the highway.
露絲:內湖那家好事多。應該要上高速公路。
take the highway走高速公路
Ronny: Let me set the route first. Yes, take the highway.
羅尼:讓我設個路線。沒錯,上高速。
set the route設定路線
Ruth: Off we go then!
露絲:那就出發囉!
off we go=let′s go=let′s hit the road走吧、出發上路