
我們還是當朋友吧!
Kathy and James are having their lunch break.
凱西與詹姆斯在午休。
lunch break午休
James: Hey, Kathy. I need to ask you something. My girlfriend said something to me last night.
詹姆斯:嘿凱西,我有事要問你。我女朋友昨晚跟我說了一些事情。
need(v.)需要ask(v.)詢問something(pron.)某些事情girlfriend(n.)女朋友、女性朋友say(v.)說
Kathy: What did she say?
凱西:她說了什麼?
say(v.)說
James: We had a fight and she said “Let’s just be friends.”
詹姆斯:我們吵了一架,然後她說「我們還是當朋友吧。」
fight(n.)吵架say(v.)說friend(n.)朋友
Kathy: I think she wanted to end the relationship.
凱西:我想她是要結束這段關係吧。
think(v.)認為want(v.)想要end(v.)結束relationship(n.)感情關係
James: I think so, too. Actually, we broke up 3 times last year.
詹姆斯:我想也是,其實我們去年就分手三次了。
think so認同actually(adv.)實際上break up分手
Kathy: So, what did you say to her?
凱西:那你怎麼說?
say(v.)說
James: I said “Let’s just break up for real.”
詹姆斯:我說「這次就真的分手吧。」
say(v.)說break up分手for real真的
Kathy: Wow, then, what do you want to ask me?
凱西:哇,那你要問我什麼?
want(v.)想要ask(v.)詢問
James: Do you have any single girlfriends? We could meet up and hang out sometime.
詹姆斯:你身邊有單身的女生朋友嗎?我們有空可以約一下。
single(adj.)單身的girlfriend(n.)女朋友、女性朋友meet(v.)遇見、相會,meet up碰面hang out閒聚、相處sometime(adv.)某個時刻