
新居喬遷派對
Jacob and Pam are colleagues. They are chatting.
雅各和潘是同事。他們在聊天。
Jacob: Are you free this weekend?
雅各:這週末你有空嗎?
free(adj.)自由的、有空的
Pam: I think so. Why?
潘:應該有,怎麼了?
I think so=I think I am free.我想是的
Jacob: I bought an apartment, so I’m having a house-warming party.
雅各:我買了一間公寓,所以要辦一場喬遷派對。
現在進行式代替未來式I’m having dinner with my friends tonight.house-warming party喬遷派對
Pam: Oh my! Congrats!
潘:哦,天哪!恭喜!
congrats=congratulation恭喜
Jacob: Thanks. I just finished furnishing the place last week.
雅各:謝謝。上週我才剛剛裝修完公寓裡面。
finish(v.)結束、完成furnish(v.)佈置家具place(n.)地方、地點
Pam: Where is the apartment?
潘:你的公寓在哪裡?
Jacob: Close to the church.
雅各:靠近教堂。
close to靠近church(n.)教堂
Pam: Does it have a nice view?
潘:公寓的景美嗎?
view(n.)景緻、由特定的點看出去的景、scenery(n.)風景
Jacob: Yes! I live on the twentieth floor. You can see the whole city.
雅各:很美!我住在二十樓,可以看到整個城市的風景。
on the second floor住在二樓、序數加上thewhole(adj.)全部的
Pam: So nice!
潘:太棒了!