
關鍵在持續運動
Lisa and Wilson are roommates. Lisa just got back home.
麗莎跟威爾森是室友,麗莎剛回來。
Lisa: Hey, can you give me a hand?
麗莎:嘿,可以幫我一下嗎?
give me a hand=help幫忙
Wilson: Sure. Oh, wow… what’s this? A hula hoop?
威爾森:當然,喔,哇⋯⋯這什麼?呼拉圈?
hula hoop呼拉圈
Lisa: That’s right. I read an article online that said hula hooping is helpful for losing belly fat.
麗莎:沒錯,我在網路上讀到一篇文章,上面說搖呼拉圈對減少肚子脂肪很有幫助。
helpful(adj.)有幫助的lose(v.)減少belly(n.)腹部fat(n.)脂肪
Wilson: Well, I remember that you just bought an expensive WalkingPad last month. What are you going to do with that?
威爾森:喔,我記得你上個月才買一台昂貴的健走機,那個你要怎麼辦?
Lisa: The article said that the positive effects you get from hula hooping are better than those you get from walking! I really want to reduce my waistline.
麗莎:那篇文章說,搖呼拉圈的效果比走路好!我真的很想要腰圍小一點。
positive(adj.)積極的、肯定的effect(n.)效果reduce(v.)減少waistline(n.)腰圍
Wilson: Alright. It’s good that you want to work out to keep fit, but I have to remind you that the key is whether you keep on doing it or not.
威爾森:好吧,你會想運動來維持身材是很好,但我要提醒你,關鍵在於你有沒有持續運動。
work out運動、健身keep fit維持體態remind(v.)提醒key(n.)關鍵keep(v.)持續
Lisa: I know. I won’t quit halfway this time.
麗莎:我知道,我這次不會半途放棄了。
quit(v.)放棄halfway(adv.)在中間、中途
Wilson: You’d better keep your promise.
威爾森:你最好說到做到。
had better+VR最好做到⋯⋯keep promise履行諾言