
去廟裡找工作?
Kevin and Alice are eating lunch together at a restaurant. They are talking about a famous temple’s job opening on the news.
凱文和愛麗絲正在餐廳一起吃午餐。他們正在討論新聞上關於一間知名寺廟的徵才資訊。
a job opening for+職位:某職位的缺fill a job opening補齊職缺
Kevin: Hey Alice, I’m tired of my office job. I want to try something different.
凱文:嘿,愛麗絲,我厭倦了辦公室工作。我想嘗試一些不一樣的。
be tired of厭倦
Alice: Really? Well, I just saw an interesting job post. Hsing-tian Temple is hiring!
愛麗絲:真的嗎?嗯,我剛看到一個有趣的徵才貼文。行天宮在招人喔!
Kevin: The famous temple? No way! What is the job?
凱文:那間有名的寺廟?不會吧!是什麼工作?
Alice: It’s for a “Religious Service Staff.” You help with prayers, explain fortune sticks, and do office work.
愛麗絲:是「宗教服務人員」。你要幫忙祈福、解籤,還要處理行政工作。
religious(adj.)與宗教有關的、虔誠的prayer(n.)祈禱、禱告fortune sticks籤詩draw fortune sticks抽籤/get the fortune explained解籤
Kevin: That sounds cool. How is the pay?
凱文:聽起來很酷。薪水怎麼樣?
Alice: It’s actually pretty good! The salary can go up to NT$48,000 per month. Plus, they give you free meals and a place to stay.
愛麗絲:其實很不錯!月薪最高上看台幣4萬8千元。而且,他們還提供免費三餐跟住宿。
monthly salary月薪/hourly wage時薪/income年收入up to+數字:最多到up to sb.由~決定
Kevin: Wow, NT$48,000 and free housing? That’s great for Taipei! What are the requirements?
凱文:哇,4萬8還包住?在台北這條件太好了!有什麼要求嗎?
housing(n.)住宅housing prices房價/housing market房市requirement(n.)要求、條件require(v.)要求require sb. to VR要求某人去做
Alice: You need a university degree and three years of work experience. Also, you need to speak some English, Japanese, and good Taiwanese.
愛麗絲:你需要大學學歷和3年工作經驗。另外,你還要會一點英文、日文,以及流利的台語。
degree(n.)學位bachelor’s degree學士學位/master’s degree碩士學位earn/get a degree取得學位
Kevin: I can do that! Should I send my resume today?
凱文:我可以耶!我應該今天投履歷嗎?
resume(n.)履歷
Alice: Wait! It’s not that easy. Some people on Threads said the interview process is very special.
愛麗絲:等等!沒那麼簡單。Threads上有人說面試過程非常特別。
interviewee(n.)受訪者、面試者interviewer(n.)採訪者、面試官
Kevin: Why? Do I have to take a hard test?
凱文:為什麼?要考很難的試嗎?
Alice: Kind of. After the interview, they have to “ask the God.” If the God says “No,” you don’t get the job!
愛麗絲:算是吧。面試完後,他們必須「請示神明」。如果神明說「不准」,你就錄取不了!
Kevin: So, the Big Boss is En Zhu Gong?
凱文:所以恩主公才是真正的老大囉?
Alice: Exactly! Also, you might have to work at different temples in Beitou or Sanxia. And sometimes you have to start work at 4:00 a.m.
愛麗絲:沒錯!而且,可能還要去北投或三峽的廟輪調。有時你凌晨4點就要開始工作。
work/do the morning shift輪早班rotating shift輪班制
Kevin: 4:00 a.m.?! That is very early. I think I will just stay in my job and sleep more.
凱文:凌晨4點?!那太早了。我想我還是做同一份工作,多睡一點好了。
Alice: Good choice. I don’t think you can pass the God’s test anyway!
愛麗絲:明智的選擇。反正我覺得你也過不了神明那關啦!
anyway(adv.)反正、無論如何