
最近好嗎?
Megan is calling her cousin, Marco.
梅根正在打電話給她表哥,馬可。
call(v.)打電話cousin(n.)堂(表)兄弟姊妹
Marco: Hello, this is Marco.
馬可:哈囉,我是馬可。
Megan: Hi, Marco. It’s Megan calling. How’s it going? It’s been so long.
梅根:嗨,馬可,我是梅根。最近好嗎?我們好久沒聯絡了!
so(adv.)很、非常long(adj.)長時間的、長久的
Marco: Hey, Megan. It’s been forever! I’m getting by. It’s freezing cold here in Australia.
馬可:嘿,梅根!已經好久了耶!我還過得去啊;澳洲這裡冷到令人發抖。
forever(adv.)長久地get(v.)處於(某種狀態)by(adv.)經過freezing(adv.)極冷的cold(adj.)冷的here(adv.)這裡、在這裡Australia(n.)澳洲
Megan: Really? It’s burning hot here in Taiwan. I’m sweating like a pig! I wish I were there.
梅根:真的嗎?台灣這裡熱到爆耶,我流汗流得後流浹背耶!真希望我在那裡。
really(excl.)真的、是嗎burning(adv.)燃燒的hot(adj.)熱的sweat(v.)流汗like(prep.)像wish(v.)希望
Marco: It’s been drizzling all day and messed up my barbecue party.
馬可:今天一整天都下著小雨,而且毀了我的烤肉派對。
drizzle(v.)下細雨、下毛毛雨all(det.)全部、所有day(n.)天、日mess(v.)把…弄亂mess sth. up搞砸、弄糟barbecue(n.)烤肉、烤肉聚會party(n.)派對
Megan: That’s a shame. Guess what? I’m planning to go visit you next month.
梅根:好可惜哦!你猜猜怎麼了?我正計劃下個月要去找你耶!
shame(n.)可惜、遺憾guess(v.)猜、猜測plan(v.)計劃visit(v.)拜訪、參觀next(adj.)下一個的month(n.)月
Marco: Are you? That would be great. I can show you around this beautiful town. You must like the buildings here.
馬可:真的嗎?那就太棒了。我可以帶妳四處看看這個美麗的城鎮;妳一定會喜歡這裡的建築物。
would(aux.)將、會great(adj.)極好的show(v.)給…看around(prep.)四處、周圍show sb. around sth.帶某人參觀…beautiful(adj.)美麗的、漂亮的town(n.)城鎮must(aux.)一定會building(n.)建築物
Megan: And let’s have a barbecue party then.
梅根:而且我們到時候也要舉行烤肉派對!
let(v.)讓let’s=let usthen(adv.)在那時
Marco: You bet! Just let me know the time of arrival.
馬可:那當然!只要讓我知道妳到達的時間。
bet(v.)敢肯定just(adv.)只是、僅僅know(v.)知道time(n.)時間arrival(n.)到達
Megan: I’ll e-mail you. I can’t wait. See you then!
梅根:我會寄email給你。我等不及了,到時候見囉!
wait(v.)等、等待